Members of the public are strongly advised to take note of the following:
1. For your own good, whenever law enforcement agents ( whether in uniform or not) stop a vehicle you boarded, stay calm, avoid hissing and grumbling. Whether you are a man or a woman,
2. Please take the receipts for your electronic equipment, laptop or other bulk gadgets (original or photocopy), anywhere you go if you must carry them.
3. If you don’t have a means of identification from your school or workplace, get at least a national ID card or driver’s license. It is crucial.
4. Delete all your bank alerts, and transfer sensitive information into a flash drive or memory card. Keep your financial transactions away from your phone.
5. Carrying more than one ATM card may bring serious problem for you in our present-day Nigeria: be warned !!!
6. If you must move at night no matter how close to your house, take your ID card and let someone go with you.
7. Dress responsibly – it will save you. Looking rugged and wild may earn you serious trouble.
8. If you are given a vehicle to go for an errand, make sure all documents are complete and up- to- date. Also, your driver’s license must be compliant before you hit the road.
9. When your car is being searched, don’t just look away in anger; they are doing their job. Just
pay close attention to what’s going on, to avoid “had I known”.
10. If you are not sure of what someone is carrying in a bag, pack, or sack, please ask politely before accepting to give the person a ride. You may be arrested for what you know nothing about.
11. After any stranger you decide to give a help comes down, move forward a little, park and search your vehicle very well before you continue so as to avoid harboring any incriminating objects left behind.
TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED !!!